Lot Attendant Clovis CA
Chula Vista, CA
From Automotive Retailing Today...
Lot attendants confirm receipt of new cars delivered to the dealership and park the cars in the lot in an orderly manner.
This position requires the highest ethical standards in every aspect of the job.
Lot attendant's duties include:
- Comparing serial numbers of incoming cars against invoices.
- Inspecting cars to detect damage.
- Verifying presence of accessories listed on the invoice, such as spare tires and stereo equipment.
- Recording description of damages and listing missing items on delivery receipt.
- Parking new cars in the assigned area.
- Maximizing the use of space and maintaining the dealership lot.
A lot attendant must be highly organized and energetic, be able to schedule a rolling inventory, have good writing and math skills and be outgoing and comfortable with people browsing the dealership's vehicle lot.
Lot attendants must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and an ability to operate a standard shift.
People working within the automotive retail industry often have to work extended hours, evenings and weekends to achieve their goals.
Lot attendants may need a high school degree or equivalent. Experience with writing and mathematics is also useful.
Lot attendants may move up in the dealership to sales, service or administration positions with the right experience and proper training.
The average annual earnings of lot attendants are approximately $20,000 to $33,000. Earnings vary depending on experience, and the dealer's geographic location and size.
Please click here for more information about average salaries.
Benefits vary by employer, but most dealerships offer on site training, health insurance, retirement plans, and other benefit options. Talk with the specific dealer human resource manager about benefit packages.
Working in the automotive industry can be physically demanding. Certain positions require employees to spend most of their workday on their feet and to carry heavy and awkwardly sized items. A reasonable level of physical fitness and flexibility is beneficial.
- National Automobile Dealers Association
- Community Colleges
- Northwood University
- College of Automotive Management
- Automotive Management Institute
Find out more at CareerVoyages.gov