Interviewing Tips Dinuba CA
"We'd like you to come in for an interview..." Those words conjure up all kinds of things in our head, because they are the most exciting words to hear when searching for a job. Having been on both sides of the negotiation table, I offer these tips to help you create a great first impression and land the job of your dreams:
1. Research the company. Learn about their clients, competitors, and community involvement. Companies seek people who want to work for them and are a good fit.
2. Know the dress code. Some departments have "casual Friday" every day; others expect business attire. Business attire is recommended for your interview. You also have a small amount of time to make a first impression.
3. Understand the job. Know the role you will be playing. If you have questions regarding the position, ask the Human Resources representative prior to your interview with your potential boss. Be certain you know what they are looking for and that it's the right position for you.
4. Be well-read. Check Business Week's Top Seller list. Review the New York Times' bestseller list, both fiction and non-fiction. Be fluent in world events and prepared to discuss them intelligently.
5. Keep up with the industry. Interactive advertising is on the horizon - what do you think about it? Great ideas originate from awareness of the world. Be fluent in the vernacular.
6. Know thyself. Be clear of your strengths and areas needing development. Not sure? Ask your friends, colleagues and old college professors. Seek honest input and be willing to listen when you get it. If you are shy, re-brand yourself as a great listener. If you are "impatient," emphasize your drive to achieve....
Click here to read the rest of the article at YoungMoney.com.