Ford F-150 Preview Chowchilla CA
San Mateo, CA
San Diego, CA
El Centro, CA
Ford F-150 Preview
Click here for more content from JDPower.com
- Complete redesign for Ford's half-ton pickup
- New corporate 3-bar grille design
- Three cab styles, four box options
- Increased hauling and towing capacity
- Seven trim levels including new range-topping Platinum
- All-V-8-engine lineup
- Diesel and gasoline direct-injection turbo engines planned for 2010
- Available Sync and Sirius Travel Link
- On sale Fall 2008
Just five years after introducing the current-generation F-150"a remarkably short product cycle by pickup truck standards"Ford is once again redesigning the half-ton F-150. As with the current generation truck, the emphasis of the 2009 redesign is on comfort, style and functionality. Ford claims that over 1000 engineers, designers, researchers and others worked on the F-150, and that the majority of their design inspiration came from talking to pickup owners.
The new F-150 will be built in Dearborn, Michigan and Claycomo, Missouri, and will arrive at dealerships in the autumn of 2008.
Along with the usual F-150 trim levels"base XL, mid-range XLT, high-end Lariat and King Ranch, sporty STX and off-road FX4"Ford is introducing a new top-of-the-line Platinum model for 2009. The Platinum is identified from the outside by its satin-chrome grille with mesh inserts and 20-inch aluminum wheels, and inside by its 10-way power adjustable leather captain's chairs with "tuxedo stitching" and wood and brushed-aluminum trim....
Click here to read the rest of the article at JDPower.com