Credit Repair Advice Coalinga CA
Walnut Creek, CA
North Hollywood, CA
Credit Repair Advice
If Anyone Says They Can "Fix" or "Repair" Your Credit, Watch Your Wallet!
So-called "credit repair" services sometimes claim they are able to "clean up" a consumer's credit report, erase bad marks from a credit history or create a new credit identity. But there's one problem; it's illegal to make such claims. No one can legally remove negative information from a credit report if it's accurate.
Any company that says it can repair your credit probably is trying to take advantage of you. Credit repair companies can't do anything for you that you can't do yourself.
How to Recognize a Credit Repair Scam
Fortunately, there are several ways you can spot credit repair rip-offs:
They often charge high fees, between $250 and $5,000 up front.
- They typically say that they can offer you a quick fix for your credit problems.
- They use high-pressure sales tactics.
- They claim to be affiliated in some way with the federal government or some government agency.
- They promise to remove evidence of a previous bankruptcy and records of late payments from your credit report.
- They make sensational claims that sound too good to be true.
- They claim that they know loopholes in the law to fix your credit. For example, they claim that if you dispute an item on your report in writing and the creditor does not respond within 30 days, the item must be removed. However, even after the item is removed, the credit bureau can continue to investigate the item and it will go right back onto your credit report if proven valid. Meanwhile, you paid a scam artist to have it "removed." ...
Click here to read the rest of the article at YoungMoney.com.